Pop! Bubbles & Seafood returns on Saturday, February 20 to kick off the Seattle Wine and Food Experience (SWFE) epicurean weekend February 20-21. POP! takes place in a new location — the elegant McCaw Hall (321 Mercer Street, Seattle, WA 98109) — in the heart of the Seattle Center. Presented by Seattle Magazine, the celebration brings together the bounty of sustainable seafood from the Pacific Northwest with sparkling wines across the globe.
Back for its second appearance, Pop! Bubbles & Seafood teases the taste buds and refreshes the palate with a range of culinary and drink options. Jamie Peha, event producer and president of Peha Promotions, asked her team of experts to advise on the top 10 reasons to attend Pop! Bubbles & Seafood. Number one on the list is bubbles!
Pop! Bubbles & Seafood Top 10 List:
- Bubbles! Expect more than 40 sparkling wines from around the world: Washington, California and other American sparkling, Spanish Cava, French Champagne, Italian Prosecco and Alsatian Cremant. Yashar Shayan, certified sommelier and founder of Impulse Wine, shares his top three favorite bubbles to be featured at Pop. 1) Nicolas Feuillatte Brut Reserve, “It’s a fun, nuttier style, and highly affordable among Champagnes,” says Shayan. 2) Piper Heidsieck Brut non vintage, “this brut is a generously rich style, very creamy, with lots of biscuit notes and a great value, that delivers a lot of flavor.” 3) Gloria Ferrer Blanc de Blanc, “this is a great example of well made American sparkling. It’s very toasty and lush, with clean apple flavors, and a crisp finish,” says Shayan.
- Seafood — 16 local chefs prepare their favorite gourmet seafood bites to pair perfectly with all those bubbles. Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute pairs up with Copperleaf, Orfeo and Rockcreek. For a full chef list visit seattlewineandfoodexperience.com/pop-bubbles-seafood/.
- New Location — Now held at the tony McCaw Hall, this central, iconic location in the heart of Seattle Center is the perfect setting for this sparkling Pacific Northwest evening.
- Fun Holiday Gift — Surprise your friends and loved ones with a ticket to Pop! Bubbles & Seafood this holiday season. Stocking stuffer, perhaps?
- Oysters — Learn all about these bi-valves in The Oyster Room and explore multiple shucked varieties presented by Taylor Shellfish and hosted by cookbook author and culinary expert, Cynthia Nims. Take home a taste of the evening with a signed copy of Nims’ new book,Oysters! Recipes that Bring Home a Taste of the Sea.
- Drinks — Ninkasi Brewing Company based in Eugene, Oregon, makes its debut appearance at POP! Focused on quality, founders Nikos and Jamie strived for company that represented what beer meant to them – a source of community and the root of human existence. Glass Vodka is pure, smooth and artfully created, and it is distilled from grapes from Washington and Oregon. Enjoy signature cocktails created by Glass Vodka and San Pellegrino.
- New Reserve Red Room — Taste premiere red wines hand selected from top producers including: The Bunnell Family Cellar, DeLille Cellars, Forgeron Cellars, Lauren Ashton Cellars, Martedi Winery, OS Winery, Otis Kenyon, Owen Roe, Robert Ramsay (all Washington) and Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars from the Napa Valley.
- Caviar — Seattle Caviar, the Pacific Northwest’s premiere caviar house, specializes in sustainable caviar, fresh truffles and foie gras and offers POP! attendees a taste of decadence.
- Tunes and Flutes — Expect fun music to dance the night away with “the best DJ in the city” DJ Dubré Hayes of Dubreezy Entertainment. Sip bubbles from your take-home glass — a newly released high-end crystal Zwilling Prédicat Champagne Flute.
- Chocolate Salon — Cacao Barry sponsors selected pastry chefs in the Chocolate Salon including Dionne Himmelfarb of Ethan Stowell Restaurants and Stacy Fortner of Tom Douglas Restaurants.